Connhex Cloud is the central point of the system, where all the data is processed and stored.
Connhex Cloud includes an IIoT data collection platform, so data can be exchanged with devices using MQTT, HTTP and other communication protocols. It is easily expandable to support any other protocol you can think of. It also includes user-defined alarms, notifications, users management and cloud-to-cloud APIs.
On top of that, it:
- includes Connhex Control, a complete back-office system, that allows you to manage your devices and users. Think of like the internal tool you would have to spend months developing, and never show to your customers.
- includes a factory service that can be used to provision devices exclusively from the production line. This includes a separate security layer and a dedicated API. also includes a remote initialization service, so that you can decouple the device production from the cloud infrastructure lifecycle.
- includes a device diagnostics system that allows you to monitor devices and connect to them remotely, even if your firmware application is not running due to a crash or a bug.
- features particular optimizations for large payloads (typical of legacy gateways, that periodically take a snapshot of every device connected to them even if data hasn't changed) and low running costs.
- Connhex Resources allows you to manage device registries. It can be used to create and manage device types, device models and product variations over time.
Connhex Cloud is based on a microservices architecture: each service is responsible for a specific task, and they can be scaled independently. This allows you to scale the system to your needs, and to use only the services you need. The main services are listed below, grouped by area: this should give you a rough idea on how features are mapped to services.
Data collection and processing
- Connhex Data: a group of services responsible for ingesting data and storing it.
- Connhex Notifications: send notifications to users.
- Connhex Rules Engine: transform data and generate actions.
- Connhex Resources: handle device registries.
- Connhex Mapper: transform messages from one format to another.
Authentication and authorization
- Connhex Auth: handle authentication of each API call
- Connhex IAM: handle policies and permissions
- Connhex Accounts: handle user accounts
- Connhex Certs: handle certificates
Management and monitoring
- Connhex Provisioning: handle device factory provisioning
- Connhex Remote Init: handle remote initialization of devices
- Connhex Control: back-office device management
- Connhex Monitor: infrastructure health monitoring